Sunday, January 19, 2014

I Love You Because You're You

One of my favorite books to read to Abby is called I Love You Because You're You, by Liza Baker.  It's a book about a fox mama and her son, and how she loves him no matter what.  As Abigail's first birthday approaches (tomorrow!), reading the book makes me even more emotional than usual because my baby isn't such a baby anymore!  Here is my own little twist on the book...  


I love you when you're happy,
and grinning ear to ear.



I love you when you're sleepy,
and want to snuggle near.


I love you when you're silly,
and dancing 'round and 'round.



I love you when you're frightened,
and hear a scary sound.


I love you when you're bashful,
and hide behind my knee.


I love you when you're brave,
and from my arms you flee.


I love you when you're curious,
and searching here and there.



I love you when you're proud,
you're head held in the air.


I love you when you're sick,
and need to rest in bed.


I love you when you're frisky,
and standing on you're head.


I love you when you're sad,
and need a kiss and hug.


I love you when you're playful,
 and rolling on the rug.



I love you when you're angry,
and cross your arms and pout.


I love you when you're wild,
and yell and scream and shout.



I love you any way you feel,
no matter what you do.


I love you any way you are,
I love you because you're you.






No comments:

Post a Comment