Friday, November 9, 2012

29 Weeks!

Today marks 29 weeks!  I am definitely starting to feel Abby's size these days.  I believe that she might be in the head down position (at least some of the time, she still has enough room to change positions at this point).  There are times in the day where it feels like there's a bowling ball between my legs! She also likes to get right up under my ribs on my right side and sitting can be very uncomfortable sometimes.  I'm really starting to feel the discomfort that comes with being in the third trimester!  Here is my 29 week picture:



This week Abby is about the size of a butternut squash:

Abigail is a little over 15 inches long this week and about 2 and a half pounds.  She is over 2/3 her final size and her bones are almost fully developed.  That I definitely believe, I can feel her bones poking me!  It's a very strange feeling.  This week I've started to feel REALLY big.  My back has been hurting me a lot and I've lost some of the usual pep in my step, especially while working.  Bending down to pick things up or put my boots on is getting to be pretty difficult as well.  I'm thankful at this point that I don't have too much longer left at work!

29 week survey:
How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Minus 9 pounds as of this morning. I'm now convinced that this baby is just using my fat stores from other places on my body.  I'm fine with it!  I've got an appointment with a different doctor on Monday so I'm sure it will come up.
Maternity clothes: Yep, everything.  
Stretch marks: A few more are stretching out.
Best moment this week: Skyping with my niece and nephew was definitely one of the highlights!
Movement: So much movement!  I've started doing kick counts in the mornings and it's never taken me more than a few minutes to get to 10.  She's a busy girl!
Food cravings: Still just sugar, sugar, sugar.  MUST STOP EATING PEANUT BUTTER CUPS!
Gender: Still a little girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in for now. 
What I miss: Not having back pain and ligament pain :-/ 
What I am looking forward to: Date night tonight and then another quiet weekend at home.  Seriously, I have become incredibly antisocial lately and I don't even care.  By the time the weekend is here I just want to lounge around and nap all weekend!
Milestones: Passed my glucose test!

I got an email from my OB's office this week that the results of my glucose test came back normal, which is great!  They also informed me that my hemoglobin is low, which means I'm anemic.  It's super common in pregnancy and they just want me to take an iron supplement twice a day.  The good news is that it may explain why I've been so exhausted lately and also the tingling and numbness in my hands, which I guess is a sign of anemia.  Anyway, I still need to go pick up a supplement, so I am hoping to cross that off my to-do list asap and we'll see if the added iron makes a difference.  In the meantime, I've been trying to add more iron to my diet too, so hopefully that will help.  I am thrilled about passing the glucose test though! I just really didn't want to have to take the three hour test, or even worse, give up my beloved sugar for the rest of my pregnancy.  Of course I would have if necessary, but it's nice to not have to deal with a complication like gestational diabetes.  In other news, I decided this week to have half of a small glass of red wine with a pasta dinner we were having one night.  It was absolutely delicious and I savored every sip...but then I felt horribly guilty the entire rest of the night!  There is conflicting research on the topic of alcohol in the third trimester of pregnancy, but I'm not really one to believe that half a glass of wine consumed with food is enough to cause any sort of detriment to the baby.  That being said, I was paranoid and worried about her movements all evening, so I can very safely say that while I really enjoyed that small glass of wine, I will be waiting until after delivery to do it again!  I have a routine appointment with yet another doctor on Monday, so I'll post about that sometime next week.  Until then, I'll be sleeping...hopefully!



No comments:

Post a Comment