Friday, November 23, 2012

31 Weeks!

Today marks 31 weeks of pregnancy complete!  And I'm officially over 7 months along too :)  Here's my 31 week picture:


This week Abigail is the size of a pineapple!!


She's now about 16 inches long and 3.3 pounds and is heading into another growth spurt!  I, on the other hand, feel like I can't get any bigger.  Since I still have a ways to go, though, I'd better get used to it!  I've had most of the week off work and it has been WONDERFUL.  In direct correlation, I've felt a lot better too.  My back pain hasn't been nearly as bad, which I attribute to being on my feet so much less throughout the day.  I've still kept busy and actually had a lot of errands to run and stuff, but I've been able to take breaks when I need them and that has made all the difference.  Less than four weeks left of work now (but hey, who's counting?!) so I've got to just suck it up and get through it!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, and for the first time in a few years I didn't host.  We went to my in-laws house and had a fabulous meal and a very nice day with the family.  While I love cooking and have really enjoyed hosting Thanksgiving the last couple of years, it was SO wonderful not to have to do it this year!!  Plus my mother-in-law still sent us on our way with some of her delicious sweet potatoes and of course PIE, which I'll probably be having for breakfast today! :)

Here's my 31 week survey:
How far along: 31 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Net loss of 5 pounds total.  I was scared to weigh myself this morning since yesterday was Thanksgiving, but I was only up a pound from last week, which is better than where I was a few days ago.  I'll take it!  I'm supposed to be gaining about a pound a week from here on out anyway, so if I can limit it to that one pound that's great in my eyes.
Maternity clothes: Oh yes.  Some of my maternity shirts are even getting tight and my maternity jeans aren't comfortable at all anymore so I have completely stopped wearing them at this point (other than for some of the weekly pictures!).  I really don't want to have to buy many more new things so hopefully I can manage with the pieces that I have.  
Stretch marks: Nothing new this week.
Sleep: Better since I got my carpal tunnel braces, but I'm still breaking those in.
Best moment this week: Thanksgiving and having lots of time off!
Movement: She definitely has patterns to her movement now.  There are times when I can tell she is sleeping and then other times when she's awake and playing around in there.  Yesterday Dave's mom and grandma even got to feel her kicking!  Although she wouldn't cooperate for Aunt Jennie, unfortunately :(
Food cravings: Nothing new here - sugar!
Gender: Still a little girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in for now! 
What I miss: Wine/cocktails.  Especially with it being Thanksgiving.  We usually let the wine flow!

What I am looking forward to: Friends Thanksgiving tomorrow, plus a growth ultrasound and our couples baby shower in two weeks!
Milestones: Over 7 months now!  And a complete over-share...I had to buy the largest size bra I've ever purchased in my life!  Nothing fit anymore so it was time.  I can't even imagine what things will be like once my milk comes in.

Child birth classes are still going well and have been kind of interesting.  It's been good to learn about all the different pain management techniques, but I still know that I want an epidural if it's possible for me to have one.  All the talk of tearing and cutting had me pretty freaked out, but that's a normal part of child birth too so it's probably going to happen if I have a vaginal birth whether I like it or not!  Next class we have a "labor rehearsal", which just sounds ridiculously embarrassing.  I know that in the moment I won't care who is there, but practicing labor in a class with 30 other people is awkward!  We're supposed to be scheduling our tour of labor and delivery soon and then I should probably start thinking about packing my hospital bag sometime in the next few weeks, just in case!



No comments:

Post a Comment