Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Weeks!

30 weeks today!  Abby is 3/4 of the way baked!  I'm excited, to say the least, about being in the final home stretch.  Our baby countdown says there's only 69 days left until our due date!  That seems like nothing when I really think about it.  Perhaps almost as exciting, I only have 20 actual work days left (not counting today)!  I remind myself of this multiple times a day when I'm almost going crazy at work because I'm just so DONE with it all.  Only 20 more days is incredibly doable, plus reminding myself of how much extra $ will be in our bank account because of those 20 days helps keep me motivated too.  I'm sure the time will fly!

Here's my 30 week pic:



This week Abby weighs as much as a large head of cabbage and is as long as an English cucumber:


How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Minus 6 pounds total. I put on about 3 pounds this week and managed to hang on to them.  I feel like 3 pounds in one week is a LOT, but I have to remind myself that I'm still under my pre-pregnancy weight and everything is completely fine.  At my last appointment the doctor said my weight is great, so that was good to hear.  
Maternity clothes: Yep, everything.  
Stretch marks: Nothing new this week.

Sleep: Meh, not great.  Not good at all really.  My pregnancy carpal tunnel has gotten really bad.  My doctor prescribed wrist splints for me, so hopefully I'll be able to go pick those up in the next few days.  They're at a special medical supply store and not our usual pharmacy, so that's why I haven't gotten them yet.  My hands are not only going numb while doing almost anything lately (especially sleeping!), but I've started to get some pain in my right hand.  It makes doing normal, every day things much more difficult!
Best moment this week: Got a new iPhone 5!  Dave and I decided that this year for Christmas we were going to buy new iPhones instead of other gifts.  We both had iPhone 4's, and while mine was working perfectly fine, Dave's was not.  His screen was starting to go and his camera no longer worked.  With baby girl on the way, I really want us both to be able to snap pictures and take videos easily, so new phones made sense.  I love my new phone!  It's not even that much different from the old one, but it's much lighter, has a bigger screen, and is FAST.  Plus, the camera is a really great improvement over the camera in my iPhone 4, and I upgraded to more storage so that I'll have plenty of room to store lots and lots of pictures of Abby!
Movement: Her movement has really seemed to slow down this week.  The only reason I can come up with is that it's starting to get a bit crowded in there.  I'm pretty sure she had the hiccups last night for the first time though, so that was pretty funny to me!
Food cravings: I doubt this will ever change...SUGAR.  I really need to start trying to change my habits now because there is no way in hell I'll be able to eat as much sugar once she's born as I do now without gaining massive amounts of weight.
Gender: Still a little girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in for now. 
What I miss: Wine this week!

What I am looking forward to: We've got the last tailgate of the year tomorrow, so here's hoping that we don't freeze!  Then next week the family I nanny for is going out of town for Thanksgiving, so I'll have some paid time off, which I am really, really looking forward to.  We're celebrating Thanksgiving with Dave's family, and then we have our annual Friend's Thanksgiving over the weekend.  Also, our couples baby shower is just a few weeks away!  Lots to look forward to :)
Milestones: 3/4 of the way baked!

This week Dave and I started our childbirth classes.  The class was much larger than I expected!  There were about 15 couples and the class was completely full.  I really like the instructor, but I have to admit that I didn't really learn anything that I didn't already know from books and other research I've done.  If anything, I think the class will be good for Dave so that he can have an idea of what to expect.  He refused to watch the video of an actual live birth (he just looked at the screen over his glasses so he couldn't see anything!), so I'm sure that no matter what kind of birth I end up having it will be an interesting process for both of us!  He still maintains that no matter what, he will be staying "north of the equator".  We'll see how that all pans out when we're in the moment!  We've got three more classes over the next three weeks, and then I am taking a breastfeeding class and we have a hospital tour scheduled, so after that we should be all set.  

The next big project to cross off the list is finding a pediatrician, and I feel like we need to get on that pretty quick!  I have an idea of a few practices that I would like to check out, so hopefully the decision process won't take too long.  The main requirements that I have are that it's fairly close to home, the doctors and nurses are friendly, yet professional, and a bonus would be a practice with separate waiting areas for sick and well children.  I know for certain that I do NOT want to choose the pediatrician that the kids I nanny for go to, because I really don't like their office, nurses, or doctors.  Plus the wait times are always terrible.  It would be nice if I liked that office better though, because it's in the same building as our family doctor.  Hopefully we can find a place that we like easily!




No comments:

Post a Comment