Thursday, October 11, 2012

25 Weeks!

Tomorrow marks 25 weeks!  I have to admit that time is really flying lately.  We even have our first baby shower this weekend!  Dave's mom and sisters are throwing it and I am so, so excited.  I'll be sure to write a post about it.  Here is my 25 week picture:


This might be my favorite one yet.  I feel like I finally look pregnant.  Today at school one of the moms asked me when I was due...that hasn't happened to me yet!  It's exciting that other people can tell that I'm pregnant and not just fat.

This week Abby is the size of a large head of cauliflower!  She's approximately 14 inches and weighs somewhere between 1.5 - 2 pounds.  No wonder my bump is getting so big!


25 week survey:
How far along: 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: minus 9 pounds. Some of those extra vacation pounds didn't stick.
Maternity clothes: Yep, everything.  
Stretch marks: Nothing new this week.
Sleep: So-so this week.  I've been super tired!
Best moment this week: I've had a few unexpected afternoons off!  That's been wonderful for running errands and stuff.
Movement: She's slowed down a little the past few days, probably just a growth spurt I'm guessing.
Food cravings: Nothing specific this week.
Gender: Still a little girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in for now.  I don't know if mine will actually pop or not.  We'll see!
What I miss: This week I miss my dark brown hair!  I usually go super dark in the fall, and it is SO light right now.  I can't wait to dye it again once Lil Miss is here.
What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower is this weekend!! 
Milestones: Someone who didn't already know I was pregnant (at least I don't think she did) asked when I was due!  Hooray for actually looking pregnant.

I've made a few little updates to the nursery.  Here are the latest changes:

Here's my nursing/mom corner with a new little table and lamp.  I'm still waiting to get art work for this area since my sister made some super cute pieces for the room :)

I added two little frames with some fun scrapbook paper in them on either side of Abby's name canvas.  Once again, this wall and the colors did NOT photograph well at all!

A new little owl frame is the latest addition to the gallery wall.  It was a birthday gift from my mother-in-law and I just love it!  I think I'll put a baby picture of Abby in it once she arrives.

The changing table has an added canvas bin courtesy of my friend Ean, along with some new toys and clothes that she and other people have given us.  I need to organize and finish this whole space once we get some more bins, the changing pad, etc.

The dresser alcove now has a little white coat stand (a hand-me-down from the girl I nanny for), along with a new GORGEOUS Kate Spade baby bag that the family I work for gave me as a birthday gift.  I love it so much that I'm afraid to use it, so I don't think it will be my every-day diaper bag.  I may even just use it as a larger purse/tote for myself.  It will work great for longer trips out with the baby, but I need something more practical for day to day use.  Good thing my sister-in-law works for ebags ;) 

The closet is officially cleaned out and awaiting a fresh coat of paint.  I can't decide if I want to paint it the same color as the room and have white trim, or if I just want to paint the whole thing semi-gloss white, which would obviously be much easier.  I may paint just the back wall green.  Anyway, the doors got some fun new knobs that were 1/2 off from Hobby Lobby.


And lastly, here is a picture of what the room looks like now when you walk in:

I'm still absolutely loving the room and how everything is coming together.  Next week I am DEFINITELY getting started on Abby's baby quilt.  I can't believe it's taking me so long to get motivated for this project!  Expect a baby shower post sometime early next week too!  This weekend my college girlfriends will all be in town for a reunion, so we have a very busy weekend planned!


  













No comments:

Post a Comment