Friday, January 11, 2013

38 Weeks!

Well, I made it to 38 weeks and still no Abby!  She is happily baking away at this point.  Here's my 38 week picture...please excuse its blurriness and overall poor quality.  It's a gloomy day here and was really hard to get a decent picture because of the low light!


Dave says that I look like I have dropped.  I sure feel like it!  I forgot to ask the doctor about that today, oops!

Depending on which site I use, Abby is either the length of a bunch of leeks today, or the size of a pumpkin.  We'll go with pumpkin!



38 Week Survey

How far along: 38 weeks

Total weight gain/loss:  Gained back those two pounds again!  Net loss of three pounds total.

Maternity clothes: All!  Although sometimes at home I am just squeezing into old tshirts with leggings.  

Stretch marks: Nothing too new this week, but I definitely have quite a few!

Sleep: Sleep has been ok this week!  Other than Wednesday night because I was having contractions, cramping, and back pain.  

Best moment this week: Got to hold a friend's 5 week old baby for a long time!  She was such a sweetheart and just made me that much more excited for Abby to get here.

Movement: Yes, although I can really tell she's short on space.

Food cravings: Nothing really specific this week.

Gender: Still a girl!

Labor Signs: None.

Belly Button in or out: It's just barely in at this point.

What I miss: Wine :)

What I am looking forward to: Our baby being here!!!

Milestones: These fall in the TMI category, but I started leaking colostrum this week and was pretty pleased about that!  It doesn't really mean anything in the grand scope of how breastfeeding will go, but at least my body is doing what it's supposed to!  I'm also 1 cm dilated and about 50% effaced.  Nothing much, but at least it's a little bit of progress.

I started having some mild and infrequent contractions on Wednesday. At first I wasn't sure that was actually what I was experiencing because I've never had a contraction before. But as the day went on and I had more and more of them, I realized they probably were real contractions. They weren't super painful though, and they weren't time-able either. Mostly they would come between 10 and 20 minutes apart and last between 30-45 seconds. I finally decided to just go to bed and see what happened, and I woke up in the middle of the night with some bad back pain. By late Thursday morning everything had tapered off though. This morning I had another doctor appointment, and as soon as I got hooked up to the monitors I started having contractions again. They were all over the place again in terms of length and frequency though. Abby once again failed the non-stress test, so I went to have a biophysical profile. She had the hiccups during the ultrasound, but was otherwise just relaxing and doing her practice breathing. She scored an 8/8 again, so that was good. Dr. Horton offered to check my cervix to see if I was making any progress because I was having so many contractions. She was surprised to find that my cervix was anterior, which she said is good. I guess it usually starts out posterior and then moves anterior as labor and delivery approaches. She said she might see me for next week's appointment, but that it could be sooner, so that was exciting! My blood pressure was a little higher than it's been in the past: 122/74. She was still perfectly fine with it though and said there's no need to schedule an induction at this time. So it's basically just a waiting game! Abby will come when she is good and ready. I guess she didn't get the memo that her mom and dad are most definitely ready and excited to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment