Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Facebook Break

I realized very recently that I spend WAY too much time on Facebook. I first joined FB way back when you needed a ".edu" email address to have an account. It has been such a useful tool for me to reconnect with old friends and keep in touch with family. I love being able to see pictures of friends and family and feel more connected to important people in my life who don't live near me. Over the years, though, I've become more and more addicted to Facebook. When I worked as a nanny, I was very isolated in my job and Facebook made me feel more connected to the rest of the world. I think it got even worse when I started staying home with Abby. So, it's time for a little change. I've decided to take the month of August off from Facebook entirely. I don't see myself leaving FB forever, so I plan to return in September, but hopefully I won't check my news feed quite as frequently once I return. In the meantime, pictures of Abby can be found almost daily on Instagram (because I know there are some people out there who still want to see pics!). I'll also share some here from time to time :)










No comments:

Post a Comment