Friday, February 8, 2013

"Everything Has Changed"

The last month or so of my pregnancy, I listened to the latest Taylor Swift album pretty much exclusively (don't judge me!), singing along at the top of my lungs in the car to a few songs in particular. This morning after doing some tummy time Abby was extra fussy, so I decided to play one of those songs and sing along to see if it would help. It was like magic! She calmed down immediately and just laid on my chest with wide eyes while I sang along with the music to her. It made my heart melt and I totally had what I can only describe as a "mom moment", crying through the words while feeling so incredibly overwhelmed with emotion and love for our daughter. I still just can't help but stop and stare at her sometimes, knowing that we made something so beautiful and tiny and perfect. I can't wait to know the little girl that she becomes and the woman that she turns into. My own mother and I have developed a really special relationship in the past few years, and I can only hope that I have something like that with Abby when she grows up. Having our daughter has changed our whole lives and Dave and I are both trying to soak up all of the baby cuddles and snuggles while she's so little and brand new. The lyrics to the song I was singing seemed to fit so perfectly (even though since it's a Taylor Swift song it's obviously about a guy, not a baby!):

"I just wanna know you better, know you better, know you better now
I just wanna know you, know you, know you

'Cause all I know is we said "Hello"
And your eyes look like coming home
All I know is a simple name
Everything has changed"


It's so true, everything has changed! Even though life is different now, and it's certainly not always easy, I feel so lucky that my dream of becoming a mom finally came true. Here are a few pictures of our little sweetie, who is getting bigger and changing every day:








No comments:

Post a Comment