Sunday, February 3, 2013

More Sleep!! Plus Family Visitors :)

We had a weight recheck last Friday and Miss Piggy Pants was up to 7 lbs 4 ounces. The doctor said she likes to see a gain of half an ounce to an ounce a day, and Abby fell right within those constraints. Because she is gaining appropriately we don't have to wake her every three hours at night to feed her anymore! Yay! The first night she woke up on her own every three to three and a half hours anyway. We had let her sleep from 7-10pm so she didn't get in her needed cluster feeding, oops! Last night we did much better because we were over at my parents' house all day. She cluster fed at night and then slept from 10pm-2:30am and then again from 3:30am-6:30am. I'd call that a pretty great night! I'm even up before she is just because I feel rested enough :)

We spent the day yesterday with my twin sister and her family. What a nice visit!! It was so great to see them all and it melted my heart to see how much everyone loves Abby already. My niece especially just wanted to hold her over and over again. What a little mother she is! My niece and nephew were also quite interested in how I breastfeed Abby. My nephew asked if Abby had made the bump on my body because she was sucking on me. I told him that it was my nipple and boys have them too but don't use theirs to feed babies. I was feeding Abby in the cradle hold position and I think that confused him, because he started looking around for his "bump" on his arm! I told him to lift up his shirt and then he knew what I was talking about. Later he asked my sister why I couldn't just feed the baby regular milk because then she could stop biting me! Too funny :) Quite logical though! Here are some pictures from yesterday:
















No comments:

Post a Comment