Thursday, February 7, 2013

One of those days...

Today we are having one of "those days". The kind parents don't tell expectant parents about very often. The kind of day where I am writing this post from my phone with one hand while holding a fussy baby who has nursed every hour and refused to sleep for the last three and half hours with the other hand. It's 11:30am and I'm still unshowered, in a milk soaked nightgown, wondering if I can set Fussy Pants down long enough to use the bathroom, let alone change my clothes, brush my teeth, and make some coffee. Granted, she's not always like this! She must be going through a growth spurt. And I know that this, too, shall pass. I love her so much that words honestly can't describe it, but days like today make it all the more "real" too, if that makes any sense. I know there will be many, many more days like today in our future, but I know there will be tons of really great days too. Today I miss having my husband home. It's much easier taking care of a baby with another person around to help! But we'll manage, and I'll cross my fingers that Abby will take a good nap this afternoon so I can hopefully shower, get a load of laundry in, and prep dinner. Until then, I've got her binky, the remote control, and my milk makers to get us through. Up next, Top Chef and more nursing...

No comments:

Post a Comment