Friday, December 14, 2012

34 Weeks!

Today marks 34 weeks of pregnancy under my belt!  Today I also start having non-stress tests, amniotic fluid checks, and at least weekly check-ups.  My OB's office called yesterday to let me know that they will most likely be adding more NST's, so those will probably be biweekly soon.  I'm a little nervous to start all this testing!  I just hope that Abby is still doing great.  She's moving around a ton right now, so it will be just my luck that she'll be asleep for the NST and it will take twice as long.  Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. This week I've been feeling pretty good pregnancy-wise, but on Wednesday night I started getting a sore throat, and by Thursday when I woke up I had a super sore throat, a headache, body aches, congestion, etc.  Not fun!  I took a short day at work because I had to go to my breastfeeding class that night, and the extra rest did seem to help a bit.  I'm still not feeling super great, but I feel too guilty taking any more paid time off work right now, so I'm just going to have to power through today.  Thankfully we have a pretty low key weekend on the calendar so I should be able to get a lot of extra rest.  Here is my 34 week picture:



This week Abby weighs as much as a cantaloupe, which is about 4.75 lbs.  That sounds just about right since she weighed about 4 pounds 5 ounces last week.


34 Week Survey
How far along: 34 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I lost 2 pounds this week, which is a total net loss of 5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I think it was partially from feeling sick and not eating as much.  Plus I've noticed that my stomach seems smaller lately.  I tried to eat a big dinner last night and felt nauseous for a while afterwards.
Maternity clothes: All!
Stretch marks: Nothing new is really noticeable this week.
Sleep: Meh.  It is what it is.
Best moment this week: I can't really think of anything this week!  Hopefully once I'm feeling better my attitude will turn around.  Maybe the mild weather?
Movement: Yep, lots.
Food cravings: French toast this week!  With butter and syrup.  I had it at least three times.  Yum!
Gender: Still a girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in.
What I miss: Just sleeping on my stomach and being able to have a cocktail, the usual things.
What I am looking forward to: Hopefully everything going well at today's OB appointment, and being done working!
Milestones: This coming week I'll officially be 8 months along.

I think that's all for the week. I am really ready to be done working. Just four days left next week and that's it! My boss has decided that she is going to keep working part time, which then brought ideas to my mind about me also working part time. It's nothing they've suggested, but I know that if I brought the idea to them they would most likely take me up on it. Part of me thinks that the extra money would be worth it, but then another part of me really wants to stop working for good for now and take some time at home with the baby. In the end, I guess I can always reassess in a few months and see how things are going. The funny thing is that the family I work for has had 8 months to figure things out and all along the plan was that the mom was no longer going to be working. Now that her plans have changed, it's making me second guess our plans too. But there's no question in my mind that I want to be a stay at home mom, so I'd like to at least give it a try. We've run the numbers back and forth and although it will be really tight, with some sacrifices we can make it work. The appeal of a not-so-tight budget is certainly there though, so I guess it's something to keep on the back burner for now. We'll see how things go!

No comments:

Post a Comment