Saturday, December 29, 2012

36 Weeks

I'm 36 weeks pregnant today and writing the beginning of this post from the doctor's office.  I had another routine non-stress test today but unfortunately Abby didn't cooperate :(  I was hooked up to the monitors for an hour and a half before they took me to have an ultrasound.  The u/s tech I had today was snarky and not at all friendly like the one I've had the last few times.  She said that Abby scored an 8/8 on her biophysical profile, so that was good news.  I'm just waiting to see the doctor now and was told that it's going to be at least a half hour because she is busy doing a procedure.  Talk about being irritated!  At least I don't have to go to work after this.

Here is my 36 week picture.  Please excuse the super tight and short regular t-shirt.  I just didn't feel like getting dolled up for this one!

And here is a close up shot of the baby belly in all of its glory! 


This week Abby is the size of a crenshaw melon, weighing around 6 pounds.  Last week I was told I would be having a growth ultrasound this week, but then today the tech said that's not correct and I won't be having another one at all.  I'm kind of bummed about that!



36 Week Survey
How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I'm at a net loss of 3 pounds as of today.
Maternity clothes: All!
Stretch marks: I have a lot now. 
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty well this week.  I think it's because I know I don't have to get up and go to work :)
Best moment this week: Christmas was very nice!
Movement: Yes, although I guess she still doesn't move as much as other babies do because she keeps failing her NST's!
Food cravings: I've eaten a lot of Christmas cookies this week.
Gender: Still a girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in.

What I miss: I missed holiday cocktails this week. 
What I am looking forward to: I'm looking forward to meeting our baby girl!
Milestones: None that I can think of this week. 

I ended up being able to see the doctor and am now finishing this post the following day.  She said that Abby is just fine since she scored an 8/8 on her biophysical profile, so that's good news.  I was still measuring at 35cm, which is what I've been measuring for the last three weeks.  She does want me to have another growth ultrasound next week after all since my fundal height hasn't changed in nearly a month.  The doctor didn't really seem concerned about this, but of course it worries me a little.  Hopefully all is fine and baby girl is still growing right on target.  There was no talk of induction or anything like that yet, especially since my blood pressure was great and I'm not having any other signs of pre-eclampsia.  At this point it's just a waiting game really.  Of course I want Abby to be fully baked and ready for the outside world, but I'm also more than ready to meet our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment