Friday, December 7, 2012

33 Weeks!

Today marks 33 weeks!  Holy moly, we will have a baby in about 7 weeks (or less!)!  That is scary and yet so incredibly exciting too.  I've been thinking so much about her this week.  I just can't wait to meet her and see what she looks like and hold her skin to skin.  It's funny, because I thought that the time we spent doing fertility treatments felt like an eternity...but this pregnancy feels so much longer than those 14 months!  I feel like we've been waiting forever for her to be here.  As long as she bakes until at least 37 weeks (which is considered full term) I would be happy...although really 38 or 39 weeks would be even better.  Any time after that though she is more than welcome to make her appearance!  Here's my 33 week picture:



This week Abby is about the size of a durian fruit.  I have absolutely NO idea what that is, but here's a picture:

Abby is probably around 4 pounds and 17 inches long, although we'll get a better estimate later this morning when we have a growth ultrasound!  She is heading into yet another growth spurt and could grow up to another inch this week...eek!!  I am feeling SOO big and uncomfortable lately.  Round ligament pain has been back, to the point where I almost thought that I was having contractions.  The pain went away when I changed positions or laid down though, so it was most likely stretching and growing.  It was quite painful though!  Dave and I were in Walgreens one night when all of a sudden I couldn't walk without sharp pain.  I ended up having to go wait in the car and then went home and waited out the pain.  I can't even imagine how much more growing I still have left to do.  I compared my belly now to some pictures that my sister sent me during her first pregnancy.  I think we look about the same size at 32 weeks, but the crazy amount that her belly grew between 32 and 36 weeks is super scary!!  And she had my nephew at 38 weeks.  I'm honestly really hoping that I have Abby around 38 weeks too because right now I just can't wrap my head around my belly growing that much!

33 Week Survey:
How far along: 33 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up another 2 pounds this week.  3 pounds under my prepregnancy weight at this point.
Maternity clothes: All!
Stretch marks: More old ones are stretching out, especially around my appendectomy scar.  I think it's because the skin pulls tighter there already (my scar is quite large, nothing like the tiny ones they make today!)
Sleep: Not great this week.  I finally broke down a took a Benedryl one night just to get a full night of sleep.  It was total bliss, but since I can't do that every night (or wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, I should say) sleep has been hard to come by lately. 
Best moment this week: My mother-in-law took my last blog post about offering a pregnant woman ice cream to heart and sent me a sweet card and a gift certificate for my favorite frozen yogurt shop!  That put a huge smile on my face  :-) Can't wait to use it!!
Movement: Yes, still quite a bit, although she spends a lot of time sleeping too.  The moments I love the most are when she responds to my touch.  I took a bath one night and whenever the warm water washed over my belly she stuck her little foot out.  It was so fun to watch!  
Food cravings: Nothing super specific this week.  Sweets, of course.  Mostly, I've noticed that while my appetite has grown, my stomach seems to be shrinking.  It's really easy for me to overeat and then I just end up feeling sick.
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: Still in.
What I miss: Sleep...while laying on my stomach too!
What I am looking forward to: Our growth ultrasound this morning and couples baby shower tomorrow!
Milestones: Finished our child birth classes!

Fingers and toes crossed that all goes well at our appointment this morning.  I'm hoping to get a few more ultrasound pictures and will update the blog later this weekend with a post about the appointment and also one about our shower!

1 comment:

  1. I had awful round ligament pain with my first too. Your story about Walgreens sounds familiar; the same thing happened to me, but I was in the far back corner of Walmart. I couldn't even walk out of the store, so my poor husband had to go up to the front and drive one of those motorized chairs all the way to the back of the store for me. He was so embarrassed, but I seriously couldn't walk. We laugh about it now. You might want to avoid walking around big stores like that during this last part of your pregnancy. You're looking great, Liz!

    ReplyDelete