Wednesday, March 12, 2014

7 Weeks - Baby #2

I published a post yesterday with a picture saying that I was 8 weeks pregnant...and then I went to my OB appointment that afternoon and found out that my doctor DOES want to change my due date after all!  So, in actuality, my new due date of October 29th makes me exactly 7 weeks along today.  I think this pregnancy might feel very, very long when all is said and done!  That's ok though, it's all for a good cause :) So, here is my 7 week picture!


The really crazy thing is how HUGE I already look and feel.  I wasn't this big until I was about 17 weeks with Abigail!  And I'm very close to the same weight that I was at this stage with her, so that's interesting to me.  I've heard that the body remembers what to do much sooner with subsequent pregnancies, and I guess that's true!  I'm feeling really good lately and barely feel pregnant at all.  I'm just having some mild breast tenderness, and of course I'm tired, but other than that I feel pretty great.  I had one slight wave of nausea yesterday, and I did get sick once a few weeks ago, but no real morning sickness to speak of, which feels VERY different than my first pregnancy!  I know that every pregnancy is different, but my lack of symptoms makes me inclined to think that this baby might be a boy.  We'll see in about 13 weeks or so!  My OB intake appointment went pretty well yesterday, although they want me to do a one hour glucose test right now at the beginning of my pregnancy.  The nurse claimed it's new policy for any patient with a history of PCOS...but for some reason I feel more like this has to do with my weight.  At any rate, I'll be doing that and getting all my bloodwork done later this week.  I had to change my next appointment so that I will be far enough along to hear the baby's heartbeat on the doppler, so that isn't until April 11th, which feels like a very long time to wait!  Hopefully when we go for that appointment all will be well.  In the meantime I just need to have faith that baby is growing well and I can stop worrying :)  I am hoping to keep doing weekly pictures like I did with Abigail.  I love having it as a way to document my pregnancy.  This will most likely be my last pregnancy so I want to enjoy it and have lots of pictures to remember this time!

1 comment: