Friday, July 13, 2012

12 Weeks!

Today I am 12 weeks pregnant! Some pregnancy calculators say that this is the start of the second trimester, but others say 13 or 14 weeks is. Technically, a pregnancy divided into three equal parts is about 13 weeks and 3 days. Anyway, I would like to think I'm starting the second trimester today! My pregnancy calendar on www.justmommies.com said this:

                                                                      Day 84
                                                                     
12 wks
    Fri, Jul 13
      Congratulations! You have completed your first trimester.

So, that's what I'm going to go with! I am very excited to be in the second trimester. The first one seemed to really drag by! I've already been feeling SO much better, and have only gotten sick twice in the last week. Strangely, both times were in the middle of the night and I got really, really ill...not like my usual morning sickness. I'm thinking it might be because of my prenatal vitamin. I've been eating small dinners lately because I haven't been too hungry in the evenings and I'm thinking I just need to have more in my stomach before swallowing the horse pills. Plus, I take a DHA supplement along with the vitamin, so that could be causing problems too. I guess I'll have to start adding a small evening snack! Here is my 12 week photo:


I'm still down ten pounds since before getting pregnant, but I definitely feel like my stomach is getting bigger lately! We had our 12 week OB appointment yesterday and everything went great. I was so nervous that the nurse wouldn't be able to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler because I'm a heavier girl, but she found it right away! Baby's heart rate was 164, which is just perfect. I still think it's a girl ;) Dr. Horton didn't even examine me or anything, since I had just had my annual exam right before we got pregnant. She talked a little bit about my blood tests and the 24 hour urine test I did and said everything came back great. My blood pressure was a little high, but she wasn't concerned at all. She did mention that because I have a history of high blood pressure, I will most likely be monitored more frequently towards the end of pregnancy, which doesn't bother me one bit! Also, I most likely won't be allowed to carry to 40 weeks. With my high blood pressure, she would prefer to induce at 39 weeks, or maybe sooner. So, I think we can safely say that Baby Main will be here before January 25! I have another routine appointment in a few weeks, and then the BIG appointment is August 31...we'll get to find out the GENDER! I am beyond excited and can't wait to know what baby is :) I still slip and call it "her" or "baby girl" sometimes, so we'll see if my hunch is correct! I'm going to skip the little survey this week, as nothing is really new. No new stretch marks yet, still living in dresses, and still craving sweets! We are heading up north to go camping at a little cabin with 23 other friends. It'll be interesting not drinking, but hopefully I can still have a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment