Friday, July 27, 2012

14 Weeks!

I skipped the picture post last week. Bad momma! Seriously, though, my morning sickness returned with a vengeance and we had a very busy weekend. I'm going to try really hard not to skip it again though because I want to have these keepsakes! Here is me at 14 weeks pregnant:


Baby Main is now the size of a lemon (about 3.4 inches)!

The most exciting baby news this week has nothing to do with Baby Main...and I couldn't be happier about it. Friends of ours who are not able to have biological children have been in the process of adopting for a little while now. Yesterday, out of the blue, they got "THE CALL"! A baby boy was born the day before yesterday and they are his parents now! They go pick him up today after what must have been an extremely busy and sleepless night preparing. Everyone had expected the process to take much longer, but this is just the most amazing surprise ever! I have been incredibly emotional every time I think of how they're going to meet their son and bring him home today. Seriously, I've cried more about their baby than I did when I found out that Dave and I were pregnant. They're the most deserving people and have wanted a child for so long...it's truly a blessing and a miracle. I can't wait to see pictures of him and find out what his name is and get my hands on that little man just as soon as I can!


As for me, my morning sickness came back worse than ever...but I think I'm finally in the clear. I haven't been sick in three days and am feeling much better. Here's hoping that it sticks! I've still been exhausted and am waiting for that magical energy boost that the second trimester is supposed to bring. We also got some nursery furniture last weekend, so I'll post about that once it's all assembled!

No comments:

Post a Comment