Friday, September 7, 2012

20 Weeks!

We've officially made it to the half way point!!!  Wahoo!  Does anyone else want to belt a little of Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer with me?  :-)


Oh yeah!  I really am so excited that Abby is half-way baked.  It feels like it's taken forever to reach this point!  Hopefully that means that the next 18-20 weeks will fly by ;)  Here is my 20 week pic:



This week Abigail is about the length of a banana!


Until about 20 weeks, babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom). This is because a baby's legs are curled up against his/her torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.  Now that I am 20 weeks, Abby is measured from head to toe.  This week she supposedly weighs about 10.2 ounces and measures about 10 inches long!

Here's my pregnancy survey for the week:

How far along: 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: minus 11 pounds as of this morning!  Still feeling GREAT about that #.
Maternity clothes: I'm still wearing dresses because it's warm out, but I'll be making the switch to maternity clothes full time pretty soon.
Stretch marks: Nothing new
Sleep: So so.  I've had some bad round ligament pain this week which makes it hard to get comfortable.
Best moment this week: The kids I nanny for going BACK TO SCHOOL!
Movement: I feel her quite often, although it's still not as often or as big of movements as I thought I would be feeling by now.  She is very active though, especially in the evenings.
Food cravings: Still just sweet stuff mostly.  I had "evening" sickness a few times this week and haven't had too much of an appetite the last few days.
Gender: GIRL! 
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: I still miss wine...I really don't think that's going to change.  I sound like an alcoholic!
What I am looking forward to: A quiet weekend at home.
Milestones: Half baked today!
In the next few weeks I hope to get started on Abby's baby quilt.  I haven't really done much at all with the nursery or any sewing projects lately, so I'd like to get back into working on those things.  I also would like to find some inexpensive frames to hang on the wall above the changing table in the nursery.  I'm planning to make a gallery wall there and so far have found 4 cute prints to frame and hang.  I also still want to do something with her name above the crib, so I want to buy the supplies for that too.  Lots of crafting to do soon!  Other than continuing work on the nursery, my biggest goal for the next few months is to get some EXERCISE.  I have been absolutely terrible about getting any sort of exercise this pregnancy.  Now that I'm back to not working until 11am, I have plenty of time in the mornings to at least get in a long walk, some time on the elliptical, or the prenatal yoga dvd that my sister sent me ages ago!  Thankfully, I walk the dog daily at work, which is at least a little bit of activity.  The nice thing is that I am on my feet moving at work all day, except for an hour or so in the car, so at least I'm up and around.  I still don't feel like it's enough though, and I feel like my back especially would really benefit from some regular muscle strengthening.  So, those are my upcoming plans so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment