Friday, September 14, 2012

DIY Maternity Shirt

I thought I would show off my sewing project from tonight.  We've got our first tailgate of the season tomorrow and I have exactly one MSU t-shirt that is even remotely acceptable to wear in public given the current size of my bump.  So, anticipating that I would need to come up with a solution, I bought a new bigger MSU t-shirt when my friend Jessica was in town a few weeks ago.  It was the first weekend all the students were back and one of the stores across from campus was selling all of their t-shirts for $12, which I think is pretty good!  The main problem with the shirt was that while it fit over my belly, it was really long and the bottom was too big so it looked pretty ridiculous.  This is where a tutorial I found on Pinterest for turning a regular shirt into a maternity shirt came in handy!  This is the tutorial I followed: http://sewlikemymom.com/diy-maternity-clothes/.  Here is how my shirt turned out!




I did one thing differently than the tutorial - I also hemmed the shirt a bit because it was still too long for my taste.  I'm very happy with how it turned out!  I can't decide if I want to wear this shirt tomorrow, or the last regular t-shirt that still fits...but either way I know I'll be getting a lot of use out of it soon.  GO STATE!



No comments:

Post a Comment