Friday, August 17, 2012

17 Weeks!

I'm 17 weeks pregnant today!  I never ended up doing a picture last week with all the excitement of the ultrasound and the busy weekend we had...oops!  Here is my 17 week picture (please excuse the poor lighting and overall quality, I just could not get a decent pic today and didn't feel like messing with it anymore!):


Abigail is the size of a turnip this week!


That seems pretty big to me!  I was starting to feel a bit paranoid because I've been feeling her sporadically for the last three weeks, but then the past two days I haven't felt her move much.  That's supposed to be completely normal at this point, but it's worrisome just the same.  Thankfully she was pretty active this afternoon so I feel much better.  For some strange reason my morning (and afternoon!) sickness was back today.  I've been sick three times today and I'm hoping that will be it because we are going over to another couple's house for dinner and I'd hate to be sick there!  I was sick twice last weekend too, so I don't know if it has to do with Abby going through a growth spurt or what.  A friend of mine told me that happened with her pregnancies and she just thinks of it as the baby's way of reminding you that they're still in there!  That's pretty much what it feels like.  Anyway, other than the morning sickness today, I've been feeling pretty good all week.  Just a few headaches here and there but nothing I couldn't tolerate.  Unfortunately, it was kind of a rough week at work, and I am VERY glad that it's over.  I hate to say it, but these next four months really can't go by fast enough.  There have been times during the last nine years where I have absolutely loved my job, and times where I've been more than ready to leave.  This is definitely one of the latter.  Overall, it's been such a good job and has been a very positive thing in my life...it's just time to move on and start the next chapter.  Thankfully, the kids go back to school soon and they are super busy in the fall with sports, so time should go by pretty quickly.  I'm sure the holidays will be here before I know it, and then Abby will arrive!  Here's my 17 week survey:

How far along: 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: - 10 pounds
Maternity clothes: Nothing new, but I really do have to buy some stuff soon! Especially jeans and a few tops.
Stretch marks: Nothing new
Sleep: Pretty good this week!
Best moment this week: Finding an adorable rug for the nursery!
Movement: Still just inconsistent little twitches and nudges, mostly after I eat and before bed.
Food cravings: Nothing specific this week.
Gender: GIRL! (Hopefully we'll get a 2nd confirmation in two weeks)
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: Booze! Cider, wine, beer...summer isn't quite the same without it.
What I am looking forward to: Seeing Zoe (and Kent and Carrie!) tonight, we haven't seen her in so long!
Milestones: Nothing really this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment