Friday, August 31, 2012

19 Weeks!

Hooray for 19 weeks and being ALMOST halfway there!  We have our big anatomy scan ultrasound this morning.  For some reason I am super nervous!  I just need confirmation that she's healthy and growing and everything is fine.  A second opinion that she is definitely a girl wouldn't hurt either ;)  Here is my 19 week photo:


This week Abigail is the size of a mango!


I'm getting a little bored with the survey, so I'll keep this short and sweet.  Overall, this was a really good week.  I did get sick a couple of times yesterday, so morning sickness doesn't seem to want to leave me entirely, but it's nothing to complain about.  The kids I nanny for think it's absolutely disgusting when I take off for the bathroom like a bat out of hell!  I just always tell them that Abby didn't like whatever I ate for lunch that day (yesterday it was a bagel).  Other than that, my headaches have been much better recently.  It could be because I've added back my morning (small!) cup of coffee.  That seems to do the trick and take care of the headaches that I sometimes wake up with, and it helps ward them off throughout the day.  I was really good about not having caffeine as much as possible in the first trimester, but my doctor said 200mg a day is perfectly safe for the baby, and my one tiny cup of coffee each morning is far less than that, so I feel ok about it.  I'm still consistently experiencing round ligament pain.  Obviously it's something that will continue as Abby grows, so I just have to grimace and bear it.  Sneezing is complete agony, but other than that if I move too quickly I can usually make the pain subside by holding still for a minute and then moving veerrry slowly!  I'm still working on the nursery little by little.  I'm planning to start Abby's baby quilt next week, so hopefully that will come together soon.  I have been collecting artwork for a gallery wall that I'm planning above the changing table, so I'm hoping to be able to post about some progress on that front in the next few weeks.
Happy Labor Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment