Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Baby Main's First Pictures!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday and everything looked good! Today I am officially 6 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and our estimated due date is January 25, 2013! We were even able to see the baby's heartbeat, which measured at 116 beats per minute. Our RE said that's good! Hopefully at our next ultrasound in two weeks we'll be able to hear the heartbeat also. It had just started beating a few days ago and so we were not able to hear it yesterday. Seeing our little jelly bean was the most amazing thing! Of course I cried, and by the time we walked out of the hospital I was nearly sobbing. I had to reassure Dave that they were tears of joy and relief! I've never been so nervous for something in my entire life, and the relief was indescribable to finally see the baby that we've worked so long and hard to create. There was one small concern...I have a large cyst on my left ovary. The RE said that right now the cyst is actually necessary because it's providing hormones for the baby until the placenta fully develops. The cyst I have is just larger than normal. It shouldn't cause any complications with the baby, but I may have some pain down the road. Hopefully the cyst will resolve on its own when it is the right time. June 18th is our next ultrasound, then hopefully we'll officially be released to our OB! Here are Baby Main's first pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment